Sunday

Sunday

Sunday morning, it’s roasting hot, I’m definitely not in Sunderland! But what’s happened to the snow and ice of Harbin I’d been expecting? It’s a random heat wave-unexpected....I wonder what I’m going to wear (as I’ve packed for snow)! 

To allow our bodies to adjust to the new time, we are given some free time in the morning. I decide not to catch up on sleep but head for a stroll outside and find we are literally on the Main Street. It’s buzzing....shops, restaurants, cafes...my kind of place...plenty to do and see. 

1st official agenda item for the day was lunch- I’m being taken to a dumpling restaurant (a traditional food of the area). Well it’s official, I now look like a dumpling! 16 different varieties...yummy! I think I’m going to enjoy my meals! 

Afternoon visits entailed a trip to the tiger park, hundreds of tigers, including white tigers...what beautiful animals! 

Unfortunately the indoor ice festival village was closed (probably due to the impromptu hot weather). So we were sent to the Harbin theatre- an usually shaped building which reminded me of the sage. After climbing 3009 steps to the top and nearly passing out from being so unfit, the views were amazing. You could see the whole of Harbin in the distance, spread back across the still frozen river! 

Evening meal was like a fondu. You have you own little pot of bubbling stock which you cooked pieces of meat and vegetables in. Great fun unless you are useless with chopsticks - I’ll let you imagine what I look like! 

Can’t believe my day is over, back to the hotel. Tomorrow is a busy day visiting school. 

Hope you’re having fun in the UK. 

Love Mrs A














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday

Tuesday