Tuesday


Wow what a day! Today has been great. We’ve been able to participate in lots of activities and see some amazing performances. 

This morning we were greeted by students who told us about their school. Their English was fantastic but it made me miss everyone back at B.B. 

I really enjoyed participating in the painting classes, trying some paper cutting and even pottery- I just know whoever is chosen to go and visit the school next year will have an amazing time....any volunteers from Key Stage 2????

This afternoon we witnessed 10 minute exercise on the yard. Around 800 student performing in rows (more like dancing). Apparently, each school has their own routine which everyone learns and repeats everyday. Theirs was performed a tradition Chinese piece of music - not! Imagine my surprise when these lyrics belted out of the sound system....
“Tell me ma when I get home, the boys won’t leave the girls alone....she is handsome, she is pretty, she is the belle of Belfast city...”
I enjoyed it so much that I even went and joined in. 

The challenge is now for B.B. to think of a tune to best suit us which we can all exercise/perform to.

We also saw some things that we don’t yet have in the UK (to my knowledge). There were 3-D design and creation classes. I had a pen (a bit like our hot glue guns) which melted plastic to create 3-D shapes. I started to make my own glasses but sadly didn’t have time to finish. This is then extended to design on the computer which is made into real 3-D pieces by their very own 3-D printers! Amazing! 

Can’t believe tomorrow is my last day. Time has flown over and being here for four days seems actually really short. Can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings. 

See you all soon x












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday